World class welding wire for critical applications
Typical Postweld Heat Treatments
Postweld heat treatment is typically required if the carbon content exceeds 0.35%. Postweld heat treatment can be done several ways:
- Quench and temper the entire weldment.
- Stress relieve the entire weldment:
- First, cool slowly from the preheat temperature to below the martensite transformation temperature (MS) but above room temperature.
- Hold at that temperature for at least one hour.
- Then heat at 1100 to 1250 °F for 1 hour per inch per base metal thickness.
- Partial stress relieve the weld area at 900 °F for longer times.
MC-GRADE® Low Alloy Steel Welding Wire can be used for many arc welding processes: